The EUROTHERM Committee was formed in Brussels on 16 October 1986 following an initiative taken at the 8th International Heat Transfer Conference in San Francisco earlier that year. The aim of EUROTHERM is to promote and foster European cooperation in Thermal Sciences and Heat Transfer by gathering together scientists and engineers working in specialized areas.
The function of EUROTHERM is:
• organization of seminars in the field of Thermal Sciences and Heat Transfer
• organization of a European Thermal Sciences Conference every four years
• liaison with the EU on thermal sciences and energy related topics. Stimulation of participation of EU programmes through network function of EUROTHERM
• contacts and cooperation between the different national bodies on thermal sciences
• stimulation of young heat transfer scientists by the EUROTHERM Young Scientist Prizes
Further details are to be found at the EUROTHERM website.